The Power of the Flower




VOODOO CHILD

               This Idea came to me from somewhere in my past I think.
this Idea was developing in my mind coming up like a flower
to fuse Jimmy Hendrix music with beautiful women from 21st century
that reflected that era of the flower power through their persona unknowing to them in most cases. this would reveal a certain artistic rendering from the thousand petal lotus of my mind,it had come that time in my creativity being a folk artist I have not produced 2 dimensional  works since the 1990‘s. this concept developed out of the reality that these women I was viewing from my facebook circle shared an invisible commonality,many of them appeared  from a by gone era,I viewed this as a very slow evolution even they were not aware of, it is true the women reflect the time...I had noticed myself being very close to them spiritually yet so far away.there was something missing in my life as I was maturing during the genesis of the hip-hop era and rap era over 30 years ago,many of these beautiful women were not born,but their spirit came from my youth.so we view these lovely flowers we dare not  attempt pluck , they are flowers to be admired and nurtured.from my vision I will from time to time showcase a flower or two that catches my eye in this blog,I consider a work of art in progress: “The power of the flower”that you experience this freeze frame I saw in time.open your mind 
windows wide that you feel the jasmine winds blowing through.it’s been over 41 years since  my experience with purple Micro-Dot and the healing is still there,I can hear it in the music smell it in the air,I see it in the flowers...so view this blog as a garden where are to be planted the most beautiful of flowers... this work was inspired by Isis Ma'at,I would stop by her page and admire her beauty
I noticed she had a comical charm,it was her ability to make me laugh that caught my deeper interest,even though she would often times express her hardships she would add this profound comedy that was unique to her,she became the first subject for this progression she taught me that each flower had its fragrance and beauty unique unto itself,and if the admirer would look beyond the superficial just may be one could see the heart of the rose and enjoy its true fragrance.
I witnessed her lose her Job and bounce back to become self employed,it was just another part of her magic,  resilience, it that makes her her, she takes life hardest blows with a smile that is her...
in my garden you will find no artificial flowers
they will all be organic down to earth
-Ital Iman
                                                                         

             Isis Ma'at (Wild Flower)  

                         

                                                                                   Teena Myers 
                                                                  WILD THING


                                                                              Aminah Janta
Wild Flowers
Ital Iman with Aminah Janta



                                                                                Michelle Imani Divine

                                               

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A voice of our own: The state of Rastafari then and now.The definitive moment

The third parable of Enoch revealed: The holy code of Akae Beka

In defense of Elijah Muhammad